Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Morphine & such

I was Tuesday prescribed a long release morphine and I would get to meet my hospice care nurse on Thursday.  Mid-morning Wednesday I suddenly got very tired and very dizzy.  So Mom called hospice and they sent the nurse early and she said it was probably my bodies way of getting used to the morphine and I would probably feel better the next day.

She went though the things that we were supposed to the next day.  Which consisted of, among other things, ordering a comfortable hospital bed and getting me set up with an external catheter.  The nice thing about that is I wake up several times a night with an urgent need to go and sometimes don't make it.  Oops!

Also, I had and appointment with my dear friend from undergrad who turned out to know the nurse.

Posted via email from skavookie's posterous

No comments: