Sunday, March 1, 2009

Writers Block

I have been in a state of serious writers block for the last couple months. I have a lot that I desperately want to say, but can not find the words. So I may as well discuss writers block in whatever words I find. Of course, all who write suffer from this terrible affliction, but it is especially bad for those with Broca's aphasia. What's that you say? Oh, Broca's aphasia is damage to an area of the brain called Broca's area, which is responsible for language production. That is what I have. I don't have problems interpreting language, but I do have problems producing it, both speech and writing. I have trouble finding words, figuring out how to put them together, and then I have trouble spelling or pronouncing them. Thank goodness for spell check.

But those are just the usual problems. Lately I write until I have no more to write, and then it still seems incomplete. How will I complete this essay? Who knows? Maybe it is because a lot of my unfinished essays end in a question mark.

No comments: