Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ups And Downs

I was feeling so much better last week. I thought I could finally start making progress again. Then I started this months round of chemo this weekend. To remind you: each month I have five days on chemo and then take a break. This month the dosage doubled. I have not experienced any nasia (wow.. even Google can't seem to figure out how to spell that one!) but I feel fatigued (and I somehow managed to spell that without help from Google!). It's not as bad as it has been in the past. Hopefully it will stay that way. But it is discouraging. I had hoped it was not the chemo that was causing the fatigue. The plan is for me to continue chemo for a year. If I feel like this 3/4 of the time that puts a serious dent in my plans.

For the time being I suppose I will have to be gratefull for the good weeks and just survive the bad. Although I'm begining to wonder if chemo is worth it. Maybe it'll get better but no one seems to know. No one seems to know if it'll do any good either. It seems impossible to make informed decisions about this stuff.

At least I have learned to make homade Dal Makhani - an Indian lentil soup that makes great comfort food and is packed with nutrition. Indians sure know how to eat.

No comments: